Here’s a list of the most common questions that suppliers and tourism offices have asked us about the Romance Travel University. If you think of other questions, please contact John Hawks at 615.979.0186 or firstname.lastname@example.org!
When and where is the next Romance Travel University?
The 2020 event is scheduled for Tuesday-Thursday, April 28-30, at the Hilton La Romana Resort & Spa.
What’s different about the Romance Travel University compared to other romance- and travel-focused trade shows?
Founded in 2013, this conference is now the longest running travel industry event in North America that focuses specifically on destination weddings, honeymoons, and romantic getaways. Here are the critical ways the Romance Travel University stands apart from other travel shows:
- DWHSA (the conference organizer) does NOT “host” agents – instead, the participating agents pay 100 percent of their own expenses to attend. They’re not there to inspect nearby hotels or enjoy the beach and an open bar. They’ve paid their own way because they’re serious about building their romance travel businesses and their supplier/destination contacts. At our event, you’ll never have to ask yourself, “Are these agents here because they want to learn about my company and our romance offerings, or because they were basically paid to attend?”
- We offer you the widest possible range of agents in a single event. At some shows, you’ll meet only the agents who belong to a single host agency or consortium. However, DWHSA draws members and attendees from all corners of North America (and around the world). We also attract top producers from every major consortium and host agency (from Ensemble to Travel Leaders, Nexion and Avoya to Cruise Planners and Travel Only, Signature and Virtuoso to LoveShack Vacations and locally owned host agencies). And, those agents represent the full spectrum from “newbies” just gettng started in romance travel to longtime romance travel sellers who are top producers for the leading wholesalers and resort companies.
- You’ll meet the attending agents two ways: 1:1 appointments and small-group presentations. In late January 2020, we’ll contact you with the list of attendees so you may request direct appointments with the agents you wish. We’ll supplement those appointments with small-group presentation times (10-12 minutes) with the other agents. So, by the end of the conference, you’ll meet every single agent at the event!
- Once the conference ends, you’ll still work with us a full year afterwards as a DWHSA Allied Member. Your conference rate includes a one-year Allied Membership in the association. Along with the Allied Member logo, your membership includes a webinar for the entire DWHSA membership base of 900+ agents, the ability to submit news for the membership newsletters, and other benefits that will keep you in front of our members long after this conference ends!
What’s the schedule?
Your exhibitor registration includes access to all events in the full schedule that aren’t limited to agents only. You’re welcome to stay with us the entire conference and network with the agents!
What’s included in my exhibitor registration?
We’re proud to explain everything that’s included in your 2018 exhibitor registration – here’s the complete list:
- Admission to all functions on the main conference days (except those that are designated agents only
- Scheduled small-group presentation times and 1:1 appointments
- The ability to invite specific agents to dinner on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings on site at the host resort
- Links on the conference’s mobile app for your brochures and flyers (these links will also be emailed to attendees before the conference, so you don’t have to bring lots of printed materials [another cost savings!])
- A complete list of attendee names and contact information (a preliminary list sent to you two weeks before the event so that you can reach out to these agents and planners, with a final list sent to you after the show ends to capture any “walk in” registrations)
- A one-year DWHSA Allied Membership for your company/organization, so that you may continue promoting your packages and services for 12 months after the conference ends
- One (1) DWHSA webinar speaking slot after the conference
- One (1) sponsor ad (50 words plus a clickable link) in an issue of DWHSA’s member newsletter
- One (1) post (50 words plus a clickable link and an image) in DWHSA’s agents-only Facebook group
The exhibitor registration covers one (1) company representative. However, you’re welcome to bring additional representatives if you wish – they can purchase “day passes” for the days they wish to attend (those passes include meals for each day until 6 pm local time), or they’re welcome to reserve their own rooms at the host resort within our room block.
How is lodging handled for exhibitors?
We’ve negotiated specially discounted rates (per person, per night) for you to stay in our room block for the conference at the Hilton La Romana: $249 single and $159 double. Once you register for the conference, our meeting planner will follow up with you to book your lodging. We encourage you to arrive Monday, April 27, and depart Friday, May 1, so that you can network with the agents across the three full conference days. If your schedule is tight, you should arrive no later than Tuesday, April 28, and depart after 12 noon local time on Thursday, April 30.
If you decide to stay elsewhere and come to the Hilton La Romana on the conference days, the resort will charge a day pass that’s just slightly less than the nightly lodging rates above – so, we strongly encourage you to stay with us within our room block.
How can I donate a prize for the Thursday afternoon closing session?
After the Thursday afternoon workshops end, we’ll gather all attendees in the main conference area for a final round of goodbyes and a prize drawing session. Many exhibitors donate a prize for this drawing (e.g., a multi-night stay at one of their resorts). As the agents meet with you in the 1:1 appointments and the small-group presentations, they’ll have cards they will present to you to affix a sticker to one of the squares (we’ll give you the stickers ahead of time); then, they’ll turn in those cards with their names on them before the drawings begin. We’ll randomly draw winners, and we’ll take photos of you with the prize winner to show in our Facebook group and add to our newsletter! To donate a prize, please check the box on your exhibitor registration form, and John will follow up with you.