Here’s a list of the most common questions that agents have asked us about the Romance Travel University. If you think of other questions, please contact John Hawks at 615.979.0186 or firstname.lastname@example.org!
When and where is the next Romance Travel University?
The 2020 event is scheduled for Tuesday-Thursday, April 28-30, at the Hilton La Romana Resort & Spa in the Dominican Republic. You should plan to arrive Monday, April 27, and depart Friday, May 1. (Pre- and post-conference rates at other D.R. resorts are available if you’d like to extend your stay and arrange your own hotel inspections.)
What’s the schedule?
Here’s a link to the full schedule for the conference.
What’s included in my agent registration?
Here’s what your registration covers:
- Admission to all functions shown on the full schedule
- All-inclusive meals, drinks, and on-site services as explained on the resort’s site
(Based on supplier sponsorships, your “registration price” covers your all-inclusive lodging for the four nights, and there’s no additional cost beyond your air and transfers.)
How is lodging handled for agents?
We’ve negotiated special all-inclusive rates for your stay at the conference, as well as pre- and post-event rates at the Hilton La Romana and other D.R. properties.
Go to the Travel Details page on this site for more details.
How will we meet the suppliers and tourism offices at the conference?
In late January 2020, we’ll begin the appointment matching process for 1:1 meetings at the conference with the participating suppliers. Also, you’ll attend a series of small-group presentations with the suppliers (10-12 minutes) to learn in depth about their services.
I’m an agent who’s still pretty new to romance travel (or even the travel industry in general). Why should I attend this conference?
At the Romance Travel University, we love having agents who’re just getting started in this niche! Here’s why this conference will be a great fit for you:
- It’s three packed days of training and networking. You’ll get your money’s worth at this event! From the opening general session where you’ll learn the latest romance travel trends to the Thursday afternoon workshops, this conference offers more romance travel seminar hours than any other event in the travel industry.
- You’ll meet lots of agents to build your professional network. We’ll offer lots of opportunities for you to meet other agents who’re actively working with brides and couples every day of the year, just like you.
- The seminars will be led primarily by successful agents who actually sell romance travel. We love our agent-friendly suppliers – but, we don’t use them as conference speakers. (We book them for webinars instead.) Except for a few subject specialists (e.g., social media trainers), our seminar presenters are DWHSA members who’ve been carefully screened as speakers. When they share ideas and advice with you at the conference, you know they’ve actually done what they’re teaching you to do.
- You’ll find lots of topics and the conference that are perfect for you – from breakout seminars such as “Your First Year as a Romance Travel Specialist” to Thursday afternoon’s sessions on managing groups.
- The scheduled appointments will make you feel comfortable meeting new suppliers. They’re a great way to expand your supplier contacts!
I’m an experienced agent who’s sold honeymoons and destination weddings for some time now. Why should I attend this conference?
Many DWHSA members are midrange and top producers with the world’s leading resort companies and wholesalers. You’re already building a very stable, profitable business. Here’s why you should attend the Romance Travel University:
- We’ve worked hard to pack the schedule with so much training and networking that it’ll be totally worth your time and budget to attend. We know you get invited to lots of travel industry events! So, we’ve built the schedule with you in mind – giving you lots of seminar options on topics that will help you grow your sales.
- You’ll meet lots of experienced agents like yourself to keep building your professional network.
- If you have new in-house employees or outside agents, you can bring them with you – the conference can be a very cost-effective way to train them.
- We’ve added seminar topics to the 2020 lineup that are geared specifically to established romance travel specialists like you.
- During your 1:1 appointments with suppliers, you’ll have quality time to discuss the ways they can help you specifically as a top-producing agent.